
Didn't we just do this? Alas, we were in the third term of school and there was yet another book report to be done. However, this one was a little more elaborate. She had to choose a book about an animal and then make a diorama about the animal. Right away she wanted to do a seal, as she was going through a major seal phase at this moment. It was fairly easy to come up with the idea, but she had a hard time scaling it down to fit in the box. Originally she was pretty upset that we couldn't make 12 ice burgs and have 125 seals on them. It was a tad heartbreaking to have to only showcase one seal, but I'd have had to buy 124 additional seals if we'd have gone with her other idea. And if we want to get super technical, I think this plastic animal is actually supposed to be a sea lion, but this is second grade, not a Master's thesis, so I figured we were OK. This was the finished product and I thought it was pretty cute. She did a great job and couldn't wait for it to go on display in the library.
No comments:
Post a Comment