Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hmmmmm


Natalee was in the middle of doing what she does best yesterday. She loves to "build playhouses", which directly translates to "make a huge mess". We were trying to get our house cleaned up yesterday and I snapped this before she started to clean up. Just before I took the picture I thought, "I'll be so glad when next week comes and I won't have to deal with this anymore." And then I was happy for about 2.3 seconds. Deal with THIS? What is this, exactly, that I'm having to deal with? The joy of a child? The creativity of a child? The happy playing noises of a child? Yup, I must say that I am pretty sad about not having to deal with any of that anymore. Come Monday, the house will be quiet, the floor will be cleaner, the cool air conditioned air will stay in the house, and I will be quite lonely. I don't look forward to dealing with that, no not one little bit.
Stay away, Monday.....please?

1 comment: