Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Been a While

I just realized that it's been a long time since I had a post about the funny things that Natalee has said. I know that you all don't care as much as me, but if I don't write them down I'll forget and what kind of mother forgets the cute things her daughter does? A bad one, that's what kind.

The other day I went in to take a shower and Natalee had organized all her little bath animals. Note the dolphin sticking out of the whale. That would be a pretty neat trick, no?

Natalee used to love The Bat at Lagoon until one day she got scared of it. I'm not sure on the reasons, but she says bats are scary so I guess that ended it. Anyway, the other day we were in the car and she just out of the blue asked me why they call it The Bat. I said that I think it's probably because the roller coaster goes underneath the track and bats hang upsidedown in caves. She said, "Oh...well I wish they would have called it The Dolphin. That would be not as scary, right?" She does have a point.

On Saturday she was watching Care Bears and a commercial came on for The Swivel Sweeper. She said, "Mom come and see this, it will cut our work in half."

Last week we got in the car and Natalee said, "Oh man, it is sweltering hot in here." Sweltering? I asked, "Where did you learn that word." (And I do find it refreshing that I was asking her this not about a swear word, but about a really long and intelligent sounding word.) "Oh," she said, "from Martha Speaks." That's a show on PBS about a talking dog that says really big words. So there you go, let your kids watch all the television they want, it does occasionally teach them something.

We have a hummingbird feeder. The other day Natalee was looking out the window and this is what she told me:
"Mom, there's a hummingbird at our feeder.....oh, he's gone.....oh, he's back.....he's gone again....he's back again....I just don't know what this bird is doing anymore."

The day that Nathan came home Natalee decided we needed to put together a band to welcome him home. She decided on the instruments and came to me and said, "Mom, I need something for drums and something for ramacas."

Nathan came home from Pennsylvania last week. While he was there he got to go to Hershey where they make all the yummy chocolate. He brought Natalee back a really cute Reese's Peanut Butter Cup themed stuffed dog and a peanut butter cup straight from the factory. She loves, loves, loves peanut butter cups. He brought me a T-shirt from Gettysburg. On one of the days last week Natalee was eating one of her candies and holding her dog and said, "Daddy loves me so much, he brought me all my favortie things from Penn-hell-gain-ya...and all he brought you was a shirt."
For the record, I really like my shirt.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I just love reading your blog. I am so glad that you keep posting. Natalee certainly keeps you entertained. I am glad you like your shirt.

Becky Mutter said...

LMAO!!!!!!! Thank you for writing these down. She is as funny as you are! I've got one funny thing Tyler said. Not as funny as Nat, though. He was talking to my brother, Erik, in the backyard. "Uncle Erik, what does persevere mean?" Erik told him. "Well, if you persevere, you could pull the sand box out from under the club house." He was desperate for someone to get it away from the spider webs!
Keep writing down those funnies!